In the last couple of days, many of my connections on LinkedIn have approached me for good Power BI resources that can be used by beginners for learning this amazing tool.
There are multiple resources out there which are really amazing for getting started with Power BI. Therefore, I have come up with a summary of Top references that I have found quite useful for learning Power BI in the last few years.
- As Power BI documentation on Microsoft’s website has improved a lot in the last few years , I suggest going through this at a first place: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/
- I genuinely follow RADACAD website as this has really got good blogs around Power BI’s capabilities and also beginner articles on Power BI basics. You can even subscribe for the new articles published here for future references: https://radacad.com/
- For various Tips & Tricks and work-around in Power BI, do follow Guy in a Cube channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFp1vaKzpfvoGai0vE5VJ0w
- Microsoft Power BI Community – I have never learned anything more than I have learnt through this community. Please start referring to the brilliant solutions and tips & tricks that community members keep on posting here. You can even post your queries there and you will start getting brilliant solutions by community members. Don’t forget to visit the Community Blog section as well, where you will find amazing articles/blogs by community members: https://community.powerbi.com/ https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/bg-p/community_blog
- Power BI Tips is another place to learn with very interesting Power BI related topics: https://powerbi.tips/
- Havens Consulting YouTube channel is another great place to see Power BI videos with tips and tricks:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjlfQwqb-0S40XQ8seYPLSw
- If anyone is interested in learning M-language used in Power Query Editor in Power BI, then refer the following course on Udemy. It is very good: https://www.udemy.com/course/power-query-m-language-programming-part-1/
- SQLBI is another great source to learn Power BI: https://www.sqlbi.com/topics/power-bi/#
- The Definitive Guide to DAX by Marco Russo & Alberto Ferrari: This book is a complete package to start your journey with learning DAX.
- Parvinder Chana has recently started his YouTube channel where along with quick tricks he is showing beginner tutorials as well: https://www.youtube.com/c/PeryTUS
- Nikola Ilic has a blog where he actively posts interesting Power BI related solutions: https://data-mozart.com/
- Curbal is another great platform to learn Power BI from: https://curbal.com/
- Enterprise DNA not to be missed as well: https://enterprisedna.co/
- Fabric learning paths
The second question I get asked is, how can we practise Power BI reporting on real world data. There are always ways of doing this. Here is a list of few LinkedIn groups who run monthly Power BI challenges:
So, these are few of the Power BI learning resources that I find quite useful in my day-to-day life. I will be updating this post from time-to-time based on my learning experiences.
Hope these references help everyone out there to start and continue their journey with Power BI.
Don’t forget to leave a feedback!